How do I cite a website using APA?
APA website citations usually include the author, the publication date, the title of the page or article, the website name, and the URL.
Websites with no date.
|Format||Last name, Initials. (n.d.). Page title. Site Name. Retrieved Month Day, Year, from URL|
|In-text citation||(University of Amsterdam, n.d.)|
How do you cite online sources?
Include information in the following order:
- author (the person or organisation responsible for the site)
- year (date created or last updated)
- page title (in italics)
- name of sponsor of site (if available)
- accessed day month year (the day you viewed the site)
- URL or Internet address (pointed brackets).
How do you cite the CDC in APA in text?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. ( 2014).
- First citation: (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC], 2014)
- Subsequent citations: (CDC, 2014)
- First citation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC], (2014)
- Subsequent citations: CDC (2014)
How do you in text cite a website APA 7th?
Quote from website or electronic source with no page numbers with author’s name in parentheses. Include the author’s name, the date, and the paragraph number, heading or section, or both in parentheses at the end of the sentence.
What is an online source?
An online source is material you find online. It can be an online newspaper, magazine or television website such as NBC or CNN. Peer-reviewed journals, webpages, forums and blogs are also online sources. Some other names for online sources are electronic sources, web sources and Internet sources.
How do you give credit to a website source?
Citation Guide: How to cite WEBSITES
Provide the website name (without italics) in the source element. Include a period after the website name, followed by the URL. When the author of the work is the same as the website name, omit the site name from the source element to avoid repetition.
How do you in-text cite the CDC?
Use square brackets for the abbreviated format if defining it in a parenthetical citation; use parentheses if defining in the sentence itself. See the following examples. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC, 2019),.
How do I cite CDC?
Author’s name, last name first and initials. Name of report. National health statistics reports; and number. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics.
How do you cite Mayo Clinic in APA in-text?
Website, no author
- Mayo Clinic. ( n.d.).
- Parenthetical citation: (Mayo Clinic, n.d.)
- Narrative citation: Mayo Clinic (n.d.)
- Center for Science in the Public Interest. ( n.d.).
- Parenthetical: (Center for Science in the Public Interest, n.d.)
- Narrative citation: Center for Science in the Public Interest (n.d.)
Why is it important to cite your sources?
Citing or documenting the sources used in your research serves three purposes: It gives proper credit to the authors of the words or ideas that you incorporated into your paper. It allows those who are reading your work to locate your sources, in order to learn more about the ideas that you include in your paper.
How do you cite a website with no date in APA 7th edition?
No date. If there is no date use ‘n.d.’ (for ‘no date‘) in both the in text citation and the reference list.